My intuition led me to Louisa Grey. Her intuition led her to House Of Grey London.

1:52:00 μ.μ.

 

There are times where the face and the whole entity of a person, reveals me so powerfully and clearly its innate inclination. It’s a strong feeling that seems like a drawing of the character from inside out.

That’s what I felt for Louisa Grey, the founder of House of Grey London, the pioneering circular design studio. The valuable fragile and the quietly powerful look & feel of Louisa Grey, are depicted vividly throughout the core values of House of Grey London project.

This story, is one more proof  of a human who discovers and trusts its real self,  giving to other humans inspiration and a forward thinking perspective.

I am really glad where the first interview of the new year concerns a human where aesthetics, as a matter of attitude and mindfulness, is overloaded.


Twelve Winks: Your face characteristics and your whole entity emit a harmonious and thoughtful feeling. Is the same feeling that House Of Grey London has. So, did you trust your real-self nature, so as to create such a mindful business? Do you believe that life feels better discovering this magical intersection between ones true self and its passion?

Louisa Grey: I have always trusted in my intuition in life and it has served me extremely well and this has very much led House of grey being the company it is today. Having previously worked at companies where I did not feel a full sense of value or true integrity in how it is run, it has been incredibly important that the studio members know they are fully appreciated. We nurture our members and our clients as it is important for us to create an environment that people want to keep revisiting. I absolutely love work and it does not feel like a job, for me House of Grey is the sweet spot in work life and has enabled me to create a business that encapsulates my philosophy throughout all elements of the business day to day.

 

Twelve Winks: What are the main values that you carry as a crown, throughout your life?

 Louisa Grey: We like to create spaces beyond a pleasing aesthetic. It feels quite meaningless when you are just working with the aesthetics and surface value without any real thought behind the emotional impact on a person. We incorporate our own design philosophy but also really consider how the design impacts our health and wellbeing. We create calming environments, combining natural materials and limiting the pollutants for a more contended, healthy life. We aim not only to simply find design solutions, as we believe this is not sustainable, our work is now focused on eliminating the problem altogether.

Twelve Winks: Salutogenic design, is an ethical and multidimensional design method, having at its core the human being and the nature/environment. Could you please give us one or more simple examples of this pioneering thought of design, where House of Grey London, has expertise.

Louisa Grey: At House of Grey we thoughtfully carry out a Salutogeneic Design Process through use of sustainable, ethical products, finishes and furniture. All the products we specify are consciously selected to insure the thoughtful selection of materials. Each material and resource we specify is researched so we can understand it’s impact on human and ecological health when in production, in use and once it has been discarded. By integrating environmentally sustainable materials and principles into our renovation projects, it is possible to significantly reduce environmental impacts through less energy consumption, less natural resource depletion and pollution, plus less toxicity for both the occupants and the entire ecosystem. One simple way you can implement this design method is through considered wall finish choices, for example, natural lime paint is free of toxins and VOCs, providing a healthy alternative to widely available chemicalbased paints. We have collaborated with Bauwerk Colour on our Visual Silence collection of natural lime paint. Each hue in the Visual Silence collection allows your walls to breathe when combined with other natural building materials such as render, plaster and clay. The Visual Silence colour palette is made by using a variety of bases including clay, stone, chalk, earth, slate and limestone. Natural pigments such as green earth, earth clay, white clay, umber, burnt umber, plant black and ochre create the colours. Each nuance in colour has its own qualities and as the paint refracts the light, its natural beauty is revealed to the beholder. We find that when thoughtfully implementing Salutogenic strategies into our home interiors, this can be a catalyst to introduce Salutogenic methods into other areas of your life. Including efforts to create, enhance and improve physical, mental and social vibrations, but inevitably it is the actions which make you feel good and brings lightness to your life that we encourage. A salutogenic framework in your life supports how people stay well when encountering periods of stress thus having a strong foundation in your home environment can support you immensely.

Twelve Winks: In addition to question 3, could you give us 6 adjectives, that characterize Salutogenic design. 

Louisa Grey: 

Holistic, Sustainable, Responsible, Restfully, Circular, Gratitude

 

Twelve Winks: In addition to question 4, could you think how many of the above adjectives match with your own personality?

Louisa Grey: I am continually thankful and have gratitude for my life. I am continuously reflecting and looking at how we can apply more circular actions to the business and our everyday lives. Being an active person I am always applying restful moments to my routine, as this literally allows my mind to be still and space for new thoughts and ideas to surface.

 

Twelve Winks: What raises your serotonin in everyday life?

Louisa Grey: Everyday I walk my son to school along the parkland walk which is a disused railway track in north london, this really helps to awaken and energise me. My son and I fully connect and talk all the way to school, it is simply my favourite time of the day. I find walking in nature a form of meditation, not only does it inspire me and my practice, it can really clear your mind and help me focus on the day ahead. I also use a morning bath to support me to find space to breathe and set my intentions for the day. I use a selection of relaxing aromas such as our collaboration with Aorio, Koto Organic Purifying Mist and sounds to help me feel energised and prepared for the day ahead. The result of these small rituals is balance in daily life. 










photography by Michael Sinclair 

You Might Also Like

0 σχόλια

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe